Shortened service-Crescent-Diner open from ATL?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortline

Conductor
Booked on the Crescent from Charolletesville VA to Atlanta, and return. This is during the period when the train ends, and originates in ATL due to track work. Scheduled departure is for 8:04PM from Atlanta, anyone know if the dining car will be open for dinner following departure? It's late, but would like to have a meal in the heritage diner....

Same question for arrival into ATL, scheduled for 08:13, will they have it open for breakfast even though it's terminating in ATL?

I would think that breakfast wouldn't be a problem. I think they served breafast at 6:30 when I was on but I can't remeber for sure. For dinner I think they may have searved until 9 which could be tight if they have many people wanting to eat late.

Booked on the Crescent from Charolletesville VA to Atlanta, and return. This is during the period when the train ends, and originates in ATL due to track work. Scheduled departure is for 8:04PM from Atlanta, anyone know if the dining car will be open for dinner following departure? It's late, but would like to have a meal in the heritage diner....

Same question for arrival into ATL, scheduled for 08:13, will they have it open for breakfast even though it's terminating in ATL?
I definitely think you'll get breakfast, in fact, I know it. But with dinner, it's a little risky. I know on the northbound Coast Starlight, departure from San Jose is in the 8:30PM range and that is the last stop where boarding pax can eat.

With the regular service, they do serve dinner. With the shortened service, you'll have to ask Amtrak or someone that has experienced it. Seems silly to have service starting so late but a lot of people get on in Atlanta.

With the regular service, they do serve dinner. With the shortened service, you'll have to ask Amtrak or someone that has experienced it. Seems silly to have service starting so late but a lot of people get on in Atlanta.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. No big deal, really don't want to eat that late anyway, as long as I get breakfast on the way into Atlanta, I'm happy. Just want to say I used a heritage diner, and am getting off too early in Charlottesville the next morning for breakfast I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back