short trip report: 3 rivers!

• Thread starter Guest_sutton8596
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_sutton8596

a couple days ago, rolled into Omaha from Chicago. Had a couple of great days on the trains.

Last Sunday, boarded 3 Rivers in NYC on time, but by the next morning, we were already three hours late, and kept stalling. The train was an unbelievable 9 hours late!

However, the scenery was gorgeous, and the trip fun. Sat beside a beautiful Ukrainian girl, with whom I played lots of UNO games in the cafe car while chatting with a Dutch couple who were touring the States. The Amtrak folks were all great; the cafe car attendant had a lot of words tosay about management, and even though we ran out of food by noon, no one really complained.

Since I was to connect to the CZ to Omaha, Amtrak put me up at the Lennox Suites downtown Chicago and gave us all food/taxi money. Quite nice. I didn't mind at all. :)

On the CZ, spent a couple hours playing UNO with guys heading out to a peace gathering in California and a Swedish journalist.

Good trips.

Scott

Funny! The Lenox Suites was the first place I ever stayed at in Chicago. Took the train to and from CHI, but we stayed there as regular guests (not as misconnects) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back