Short DAL to LVW trip on Thanksgiving

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonys96

Conductor
G/f and I took a short trio from Dallas to Longview on the TE.I took my IPAD and used the MotionX HD app to track the trip.It worked perfectly....got location, speed, and all the info I could imagine!

Left on Thanksgiving day and Eagle was on time at Dallas....smooth ride all the way on a 3/4 full coach car. Tracked along at about 80 mph all the way. Got to LVW 15 min early! Never saw the coach attendant...not once. Odd.

Return trip was a bit different. but not bad. Eagle was on schedule at Texarkana, but got stuck behind a broken freight between there and Marshall on Sunday morning. But it got fixed fast and was only about 40 min late leaving LVW. Ran to Dal at about 80 mph. and was only 15 min late arriving in DAL. Rode in last coach car on train, so first time to look out the railfan window!!! :)

All in all, a fun trip for the g/f and I...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. If I knew about points back when I lived in Longview, I would have done point runs back and forth between Longview and Dallas or Ft Worth all the time. :D Nice area, and you get to do some nice street racing along US-80.

Did that trip in September. The only bad thing is a very fast meal in the diner.

Cool. If I knew about points back when I lived in Longview, I would have done point runs back and forth between Longview and Dallas or Ft Worth all the time. :D Nice area, and you get to do some nice street racing along US-80.
Since you went to school in Longview, it might interest you to know that we walked down the street from our hotel on Thanksgiving night to be part of the Black Friday (on Thursday) crowd at K Mart.....still got one in Longview, one of only two left in Texas.

Also took the g/f to Catfish Village, and we went over to Bossier to leave a few bucks in Louisiana. Next time I am taking her to experience the goodness of Pizza King............... and I drove her over to see your alma mater..........we are going to the symphony @ the Belcher early next year on our next visit to see my Birth-Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back