Reservations Made

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
Well, I just made reservations for my trip on April 1, 2006. I am probably crazy for making it this early but it gives me a long anticipation period.

I will go coach on the Coast Starlight and Roomette (room 002) on the Empire Builder. The trip will be from Chico, CA to Seattle, overnight in Seattle, Seattle to Chicago, 3 nights in Chicago, Chicago to Portland, and then Portland to Chico.

Rail fare is $308.55 and accommodations are $414.00. Total $722.55 (Senior fare)

Any comments on route or fare?

One thing is for sure, you're not crazy. I have had tickets in my desk drawer for a month for our trip to Philadelphia in March on SWC and CL/regional from DC. It's the best way to get the best seat and accomodation price. Sounds like you did well considering all you're going to see and do. Just where is Chico, any relation to the little Indian kid on the old AT&SF ads? Just be careful and not wear out your tickets looking at them with that anticipation befor April.

Midland Valley said:
<snip>Just where is Chico, any relation to the little Indian kid on the old AT&SF ads?

<snip>
100 miles north of Sacramento. It where most of your almonds come from. Probably comes from Spanish for child.

Back