Railworks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't played around with it that much; but from what I'm told (I don't acually own; but a few friends do). It isn't up the the same par as Trainz's is; albiet I spend my time in the Trainz community so I'm a bit parial to it :D . However that being said... Railsim/works route building is geared up to be easy; and hence you don't get as much flexibility as you could get. Trainz's route building has a much steeper learning curve; and with various 'systems' people have set up over the years once you know what your doing you can build just about anything. MSTS route building (again I'm told) is much harder to do; and can be fairly limited in what it can do.

I also know that you have less available to you for addons in RS/W as all the addons (especially any free ones) have to be 'hacked' into the game. Trainz has an addon manager (and a huge online database of free stuff to download). Ans MSTS is sort of in the middle of the road.

I can ask my buddies who have RS/W tomorrow if they can shed any more light on to the route builder.

Generally speaking, people say: If you want to do route building/modeling use TRS, Great physics use MSTS, Great graphics use RS/W.

peter

I haven't played around with it that much; but from what I'm told (I don't acually own; but a few friends do). It isn't up the the same par as Trainz's is; albiet I spend my time in the Trainz community so I'm a bit parial to it :D . However that being said... Railsim/works route building is geared up to be easy; and hence you don't get as much flexibility as you could get. Trainz's route building has a much steeper learning curve; and with various 'systems' people have set up over the years once you know what your doing you can build just about anything. MSTS route building (again I'm told) is much harder to do; and can be fairly limited in what it can do.

I also know that you have less available to you for addons in RS/W as all the addons (especially any free ones) have to be 'hacked' into the game. Trainz has an addon manager (and a huge online database of free stuff to download). Ans MSTS is sort of in the middle of the road.

I can ask my buddies who have RS/W tomorrow if they can shed any more light on to the route builder.

Generally speaking, people say: If you want to do route building/modeling use TRS, Great physics use MSTS, Great graphics use RS/W.

peter
Thanks Peter.

Back