Question/Idea???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Anthony, when some one goes into to log in their trip would it be possible to plug in the accomadation? Lets say with the follwing choices:

Unreserved Coach

Reserved Coach

Business Class

First Class (Metroliner/Acela Express)

Standard Bedroom

Deluxe Bedroom

Accessible Bedroom

Family Bedroom

While Anthony would have to address is it possible to make a change like this, I would have to ask, Why? :unsure:

MileTrak tracks miles. One doesn't get extra miles, because one travels in a sleeper. This isn't Guest Rewards. I suppose that it might be nice to know how you traveled, but your accomodations really have no bearing on your total miles.

This is true...I'll concur with Alan. Though it is technically possible to implement something like that, I don't see how I could justify extra space in the database for something that isn't really even related to mileage counts. I have things like the date in there for some limited bookkeeping capability on the part of the user, but the accommodation of the rider is a little far-fetched to also include.

(I have been so busy with things.. I just got my new timetables assembled this week from Amtrak. Also, I was able to get a bunch of mileage counts for older and discontinued routes from a private source :) )

If it were just a mile track it would have the origin, the destination, and the calculated miles. Though there is already aloted an area for the date, trip #, and route. So in a way Mile Track is a trip tracker, along with calculating the miles. So you can see why I thought adding an accomodation feature would work well in adding to the "trip tracker" feature. However, if the data base is getting too full, then obviously it can't be done. Again, just a thought. :)

I like the idea!. I have personally found Miletrak to be a lifesaver. I used to spend a lot of time sitting and guessing the number of miles I have traveled. Just wanted to compliment Miletrak on their service.

Keep up the good work! :)

AMTRAK-P42 said:
I like the idea!. I have personally found Miletrak to be a lifesaver. I used to spend a lot of time sitting and guessing the number of miles I have traveled. Just wanted to compliment Miletrak on their service. Keep up the good work! :)
MileTrak in its current (public) form is a disgrace...the data hasn't been updated since 2001 and the program behind it all is egregiously clumsy and slow. The new one will be out soon enough...I just have to polish certain parts to make them fit for public consumption ;)

Hahaha... can't forget entering ALL NEW data, which is the slowest part of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back