Planting The Seed!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
Today I woke up and noticed that the CZ was running late through Lincoln NE. I decided to go down to the station, snag an Amtrak magazine to give to people who sound serious about taking Amtrak and just watch the train come in. I was visiting with about 4 people who had mosied over from the Farmers Market. (about 1000 people milling about buying produce, trinkets and well.......cheap crap :lol: ) The CZ is always in LNK either around midnite or 5am so the general public doesn't get to see it much. The people who walked up were "curious" about the Zephyr coming in. I do my best to "plant the seed" to anybody who will listen and try real hard not to sound obsessive/compulsive. Today a classmate of mine from 25 years ago was there. I didn't recognize her at first, but then I did soon after we both figured it out. Her 12 year old daughter was with her and they said, "we've always thought about taking a train trip." When I explained the things I knew, told her where to get the Amtrak magazine at and how great it was, thee other people milling around started asking questions. I did my best to sell them on the "train". Always, ALWAYS be trying to "plant the seed" of rail travel. I believe soon I will have the first people I personally know taking a trip on Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back