Patron Tequila Express in Austin!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
When I went to the Austin Amtrk Station this morning I saw the Patron Tequila Express Luxury PV sitting in Front of the Austin Station on the Siding! Since Austin has No Ground Power, it is Operating off its Generator and Batteries! Ive been inside during a Stop in Grand Junction lasst Year, its Pretty Plush and has a Great Bar( :eek: ) and All the Modern Bells and Whistles (Satelite TV/GPS/Sound System etc? but is a Little Too "Overdone" in a Gilded Way for My Tastes! Still would Love to Ride on it!! ;)

The Amtrak Agent told me that it was Here for the Austin City Limits (ACL) Music Fest and would stay another Week! It is serving as a Hotel/Party Central for VIPS and Stars, they were still Asleep when I was @ the Station @ 9AM!!! ^_^ A Post on trainorders says it took them an Hour to "Cut Out" this PV from the NB Eagle when it called @ Austin Causing #22 to be Running Late All the Way to Chicago!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Modern Bells and Whistles (Satelite TV/GPS/Sound System etc? but is a Little Too "Overdone" in a Gilded Way for My Tastes!
Agreed that the central area decor is pretty over the top (in a 19th century kinda way), but the galley has all mod cons. A couple views from a walk-through tour at Train Day L.A. II:

087.jpg
085.jpg

Ooohhh... It reminds me of a gypsy caravan. :) In dim lighting, I can see how gorgeous that could be. I think the flash is making everything too bright and loud. Reds are hot pink, etc.

Back