Overnight Connection in CHI and hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottC4746

OBS Chief
Does anyone know anything about the Downtown Travelodge in Chicago? They are the cheapest hotel we could find that seemed reputable for a one night stay for two people.

I stayed there about ten years ago (with my family as a teenager) it seemed totally fine although we did notice the plaque that it got the 'Most Improved Traveloge' award. The main issue I remember were slow elevators that played musac.

Like SubwayNut it's been a while since me and two early teen kids stayed there. (at the loop Travelodge in CHI)

It's real convenient to all of the L and the Loop and all.

It might have gotten relatively cheaper in the last decade. Don't expect it has turned into a dive or such. Wouldn't expect any bugs.

The "train noise" that some of the Tripadvisor reviews complain about might be - or not be a problem,

No amenities, not much service - the desk might call a cab for you.

I'd give the place a double plus good for location, about a 4 for clean (but reporting from 10 years ago)

I'd book there again if on a tight budget

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapest place my wife and I ever stayed in Chicago was the HI Hostel on Congress.

http://www.hihostels.com/

We would stay there again if we needed to.
:cool: Best Hostel in North America and they have Private Rooms also! Google up the Link, lots of us have stayed there many times , it's a Great Place! ;)
It is a great place for a large HI Hostel. However, I consider the HI Hostel at the corner of 10th & H Streets in Sacramento to be the best We've ever stayed in. They also have several private rooms. It is within walking distance of the SAC station, the CA Railroad Museum and the State Capitol. The HI Hostel is the second oldest Victorian mansion in Sacramento. The last resident of the oldest mansion was Ronald Reagan (also on H Street).

I stay at the Travelodge a couple of times a year on Wyndham Rewards points. In my experience the rooms have been clean, though perhaps a bit worn. I thought it was just fine, but I don't expect much. The elevators are slow, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back