Oregon trackwork program affects 4 Cascades trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Track Work to Affect Amtrak Cascades Trains in Oregon

Track work being performed by Union Pacific Railroad in Oregon will affect Amtrak Cascades trains 504, 509, 500, and 507 beginning May 31st through August 2nd.

Train 504 departing Eugene at 9:00 a.m. to Albany, Salem, Oregon City and Portland, will not operate. Passengers will be provided bus transportation between these cities on the following dates:

Wednesday, June 1, through Wednesday, June 8

Thursday, June 16, through Thursday, June 23

Friday, July 1, through Thursday, July 7

Saturday, July 16, through Saturday, July 23

Monday, Aug. 1, and Tuesday, Aug. 2

Train 500 departing Eugene at 5:45 a.m. and Train 507 departing Seattle at 1:45 p.m. will experience approximately 15 to 30 minute delays en route on dates listed above.

Train 509, which normally operates between Seattle and Eugene, will terminate in Portland. Passengers will be provided bus transportation between Portland, Oregon City, Salem, Albany and Eugene on the following dates:

Tuesday, May 31 through Tuesday, June 7

Wednesday, June 15, through Wednesday, June 22

Thursday, June 30, through Wednesday, July 6

Friday, July 15, through Friday, July 22

Sunday, July 31, and Monday, Aug. 1

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Does this track work in anyway affect the starlate? I imagine if #11/14 is running late it might miss it's window?
They are saying that the STARLIGHT will run through, but encounter delays of up to one hour through the trackwork zone.

Superliner Diner said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
Does this track work in anyway affect the starlate? I imagine if #11/14 is running late it might miss it's window?
They are saying that the STARLIGHT will run through, but encounter delays of up to one hour through the trackwork zone.
haha, well that happens anyways. I guess now UP will have an excuse for making the starLATE later.

This track work is making the Starlate arrive into its endpoints roughly 6 hours late, only a few hours later than usual. :rolleyes:

Back