Obama HO Trainset

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
Could hardly believe my eyes when I saw a half-page ad for this in the L.A. Times, but then I guess all things Obama are red hot these days, starting with those cheesy commemorative plates advertised on TV.

An NBC bit about street vendors on inauguration day told about one selling "YES WE DID" buttons, and the reporter said also seen was somebody wearing a button that said "YES WE KNOW." HAHA!!

The trainset is one of those "three easy payments" deals, starting with the locomotive. That makes it about 80 bucks, with shipping, for each "issue."

Barack Obama Express Train Collection

If I read the newspaper ad correctly, and cross-reference it with the webpage, it appears that if this is the only HO train you had, you wouldn't be able to start running it for up to 6 months - the "free" powerpack doesn't show up until the third "issue."

Could hardly believe my eyes when I saw a half-page ad for this in the L.A. Times, but then I guess all things Obama are red hot these days, starting with those cheesy commemorative plates advertised on TV.
An NBC bit about street vendors on inauguration day told about one selling "YES WE DID" buttons, and the reporter said also seen was somebody wearing a button that said "YES WE KNOW." HAHA!!

The trainset is one of those "three easy payments" deals, starting with the locomotive. That makes it about 80 bucks, with shipping, for each "issue."

Barack Obama Express Train Collection

If I read the newspaper ad correctly, and cross-reference it with the webpage, it appears that if this is the only HO train you had, you wouldn't be able to start running it for up to 6 months - the "free" powerpack doesn't show up until the third "issue."
Since you are such a fan of our most recent ex-president I was wondering if you have any comments on a train set for him? :)

Since you are such a fan of our most recent ex-president I was wondering if you have any comments on a train set for him? :)
Funny you should ask! I suggest a few possibilities for trains to be named after W.

"Excess Express"

"9:11 To Oblivion"

"Lunatic Local"

"Right Wing Regional"

"Texas Torturer"

"Cheney Choo Choo"

"Secrecy Special"

Thanks for asking, Hanno!

Funny you should ask! I suggest a few possibilities for trains to be named after W.

"Excess Express"

"9:11 To Oblivion"

"Lunatic Local"

"Right Wing Regional"

"Texas Torturer"

"Cheney Choo Choo"

"Secrecy Special"

Thanks for asking, Hanno!
I just knew you had some good ones! You were just waiting for someone to ask! ;)

Oba-mania if I ever saw it...
Obviously! BTW, A "No Tingle Up My Leg Limited" train could have been added to the list, but the train would only be able to travel to the west or to the left on a map. You would then have to have a "Tingle Up My Leg Limited" train in order for the consist to be able to return back east or to the right on a map! :unsure:

Back