November Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Conductor
I started my trip on the Crescent in Charlotte. There were 3 sleepers, only two being used. Upon boarding I found out the toilets in my sleeper were not working and it would take too long to repair them so on we went. Everything was pretty much on time. Was up early for breakfast, then was prepared for a delay in DC due to dome accident, but no delay as it was all clear. Toilets repaired while in DC, so people could go again. We arrived in NY 10 minutes early. I spent two nights in NY and was able to ride the subway but not LIRR as it was not working the weekend.

Next I took the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago. The service was great on this train, especially in the dining car. They had two very fast attendants plus a nice lead. We stopped in Albany and it was snowing, a bit unexpected so I did not stay on platform very long during the train merge. The toilets on this train were working fine and so was the heat. I had breakfast in Toledo, for some reason we stayed there longer than expected. This portion of the trip was very pleasant and relaxing. We arrived into Chicago a few minutes late, they backed into the station so it was not long walk to get into the lounge.

I had a few hours wait for next train, California Zephyr. Lounge was empty, then it was full. I think there was a tour group going on the empire builder. My train boarded at 1:30 and left right on time. Last time I took this train it was assigned to a denver car, which was not being used this trip. Train was half empty so getting reservations for anyone was not an issue. A couple people did onboard upgrades and the conductor was very helpful to them. I did have a nice steak on this train. Train is always slow going across Iowa, was this time too. I arrived my final destination of Osceola 24 minutes late.

Overall was nice trip and no trains were very crowded, service was very good.

Nice trip! Too bad the Jamaica Cutover messed up your plans (well you could've rode to Ronkonkoma and back via special trains).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back