Newpaper realizes the need for High-SPeed rail.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGoDwnTwn

Train Attendant
Greetings RailFans,

I was reading today's Chicago Tribune. One of the columist reports on transportation around the city. Today's article was about Chicago's New ( or rebuilt) Midway Airport and that the city was finishing up the final touches on it and that it can now handle twice the air traffic. One paragragh caught my attention. It reads as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And who knows, the U.S. might eventually decide to catch up with Western European and parts of Asia by getting serious about the benifits

of the way to really fly.....high speed passenger rail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd share this with all of you. Now to get this message to those with nothing but money in there ears on Capitol Hill.

IGO

I had a dream the other night that there was a 300mph train going between NYP and CHI. To get to NYP from GCT, you could go past the Oyster Bar and down a ramp to a walking platform like at the airport that moved between the two. It was a bizare, but beautiful dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back