Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! So happy to have found this site to help answer all my questions. I am single, 67 and love to travel on Amtrak. Am located in southern Indiana so it is about 1.5 drive to get to a train station. Have been on a few trips and it is my favorite way to travel. Hope to have many more trips with Amtrak!!
Welcome, Mackie! Very, very southern Indiana; I googled Sellersburg and see that you're a 15-20 minute drive to Louisville. Which is, alas, an Amtrak desert, but has some hopes of getting rail service back: Is Louisville ready for Amtrak again? City is one step closer to proposed line connection. In the meantime it's Indianapolis and the Cardinal. Happy travels.

There used to be a stop in Jeffersonville, a few years back. Really wish it would return. And it is same distance from Amtrak in Indy as station in Cincinnati. I much prefer the one in Cincinnati. The Indianapolis station is in a terrible state. Unsafe. Filthy. Drug addicts in bathroom, homeless sleep on floors. Have been to quite a few stations around the country and never seen one in such a condition as that one. Sad. It really needs attention and cleaned up.

Back