New member, long time railfan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullen Maximus

Train Attendant
Hey everyone, been a rail enthusiast my entire life, recently been enjoying some Zephyr trips between SLC and Denver getting more active in the community. Also a photographer! Took these super rare shots of the Zephyr a few weeks ago when the west bound was operating on a 15 hour delay! Only way to get these shots. And yes, the watermark placement is intentional. Z62_5465.jpgZ62_5407-2.jpg

Welcome to the group. Love the photos. I take it these are somewhere one side or the other of SLC on the stretch normally covered in darkness?

Hey everyone, been a rail enthusiast my entire life, recently been enjoying some Zephyr trips between SLC and Denver getting more active in the community. Also a photographer! Took these super rare shots of the Zephyr a few weeks ago when the west bound was operating on a 15 hour delay! Only way to get these shots. And yes, the watermark placement is intentional.
Stunning photos, making the 15-hour schedule well worth it. For those of us at home, anyway. Welcome to AU!

Welcome to the group. Love the photos. I take it these are somewhere one side or the other of SLC on the stretch normally covered in darkness?
They're on the segment about an hour west of SLC. I knew the 15 hour delay would mean it would be an exceptionally rare daytime Zephyr running on the salt flats. Chased it for 3 hours all the way to Nevada. Got some truly unique rare shots. Normally only daytime Zephyr shots are the east bound but even then it's usually still darkness at the locations where these shots were taken, even when it's not, every shot is the butt of the train rather than the head which is what made these shots so worth it.

Back