NE Regional Fares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
Seeing that the low "sale" fares on the NE Regionals are coming to an end. What are the chances they extend the sale again? If they do why not make it permanent?? :huh: I think it would benefit Amtrak to make the price a permanent price. I frequently travel from PHL to the Boston area on the Regionals and $80 is a little high. $60 seems to be popular between PHL and the Boston area. I have some friends come up to me and say I payed such and such and it was worth it! Then I tell them the normal price and they don't believe it. Should Amtrak make this a permanent deal??? What are your thoughts on this topic??

Thanks,

Stephen

I'm pretty sure the sale is running into March.

I mean it would be nice if those were the prices, but keep in mind Amtrak still is trying to make money someday. Slashing fares doesn't help them.

If you're going to Boston, for the last few years, there's been a promo code for 20% off! (It hasn't been announced for 2010, but I expect it to be soon.) There usually is one to RI. There is one now for CT, and there's one (I think) for PHL, WIL and BAL. That includes most of the NEC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back