National Train Day 2013!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Betty!! :)
Kirk just remember that's an evil leaf. :lol:

I should add that I asked in the CA in DC how many FCC seats were open on 2253. At 8pm there were 5. At 1115pm there was 4. I grabbed one. The rest sold out overnight. I'm currently on 2253 home to Philly.
It was good to see you Steve and hang out in the lounge for a while. I just got home (and just in case you were wondering, my backup charger is working). I am happy to hear that you were able to upgrade to FC. (PS - do not order a strawberry mojito on the Acela - LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:

I should add that I asked in the CA in DC how many FCC seats were open on 2253. At 8pm there were 5. At 1115pm there was 4. I grabbed one. The rest sold out overnight. I'm currently on 2253 home to Philly.
It was good to see you Steve and hang out in the lounge for a while. I just got home (and just in case you were wondering, my backup charger is working). I am happy to hear that you were able to upgrade to FC. (PS - do not order a strawberry mojito on the Acela - LOL)
Well then Alan will have double the work since I'm quoting you. Sorry Alan. :eek:

Well, I made it over to Grand Central today for MNRR's NTD-like event. Frankly, it was underwhelming. The private train cars were nice, it was kind of odd seeing modern coffee makers on vehicles that first rolled as much as 90 years ago still in an historic configuration, but they were nice, kind of like the cars at museums I've been to, but in far better shape. The Metro North side was the underwhelming part however. The old equipment on display was interesting to see, but that's about it. They had a Genesis there, but the line for one of the PVs generally stretched back towards it so you couldn't get close. None of the modern equipment had the cabs visible which would really be the big thing. Anyone can ride the M8s now that there's so many in revenue service so nothing too special there.

I wish I could have made it here for when Amtrak had their equipment here as well, that would have been a lot of fun I think.

Steve, they have all sizes for the Solari Board t-shirt available on the store website.

http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=17728&pid=116517]http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=17728&pid=116517[/url][/url]

Kirk, the "leaf" is their way of promoting being environmentally green.

http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=5549&pid=57551]http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=5549&pid=57551[/url][/url]

It was good to see you Steve and hang out in the lounge for a while. I just got home (and just in case you were wondering, my backup charger is working). I am happy to hear that you were able to upgrade to FC. (PS - do not order a strawberry mojito on the Acela - LOL) (Edit - apparently I goofed when posting - this post is from pennyk - not from Acela150 - maybe I spent too much time with Betty yesterday - LOL)
Well then Alan will have double the work since I'm quoting you. Sorry Alan. :eek:
That's mean. Oooopsies. More work for Alan! :lol:

Here are a few pictures of National Train Day in Portland, OR, plus the latest improvements at SEA King Street Station, King Tut in Eugene...and the next generation of train riders.

Well, I made it over to Grand Central today for MNRR's NTD-like event. Frankly, it was underwhelming. The private train cars were nice, it was kind of odd seeing modern coffee makers on vehicles that first rolled as much as 90 years ago still in an historic configuration, but they were nice, kind of like the cars at museums I've been to, but in far better shape. The Metro North side was the underwhelming part however. The old equipment on display was interesting to see, but that's about it. They had a Genesis there, but the line for one of the PVs generally stretched back towards it so you couldn't get close. None of the modern equipment had the cabs visible which would really be the big thing. Anyone can ride the M8s now that there's so many in revenue service so nothing too special there.I wish I could have made it here for when Amtrak had their equipment here as well, that would have been a lot of fun I think.
This article has a few pics from the GCT event. Impressive barber chair on the Overland Trail in the last pic.

The day after train day I did the Grand Central Parade of Trains, just uploaded a blog post, it was okay my biggest disappointment was Metro-North had their Phoebe Snow Cars parked in the station but they weren't open for touring I was looking forward to getting interiors of those cars (like I did inside the Beach Grove at last years National Train Day Event in GCT):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back