My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- Late Night At A Vending Machine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
MAY 16, 2016

This was a less chilly day but still windy. We decided to go to the 9-11 Memorial & Museum but didn't do the museum because we didn't need to see what already happened. There was also a super long line. Instead, we walked around the memorial park which was beautiful & touching. I did take pictures of the two waterfalls in the ground but they didn't turn out that well. Its hard for a short person like me to see them & a person in a wheelchair has a hard time too.

Louis needed to charge his chair so we went to the Mall across the street for him to charge his chair, then we took the subway to Brooklyn to eat at Juniors. When we got there, Louis couldn't go up on the curb so he had to go all the way to Fulton Street Mall to go up on the sidewalk. Louis did well on the Subway so far though. We both had the pea soup & half of a sandwich. My sandwich was brisket & Louis' was pastrami.

After we ate, we took the subway to Rock Center since we had regular tickets to a taping of Late Night With Seth Meyers. It was a good show. Thanks for the tickets, Wally!

Happy Birthday to my little nephew, Gabriel!!! He turned 8.

MAY 17, 2016

LIVE from New York! Its Jamie & Louis at the SNL Exhibit! Louis got a senior discount & I got a discount as well. I have been hoping to see this on our visit. I was very happy that we got to see it because was very interesting & neat at the same time. It brought back a lot of memories for Louis. This exhibit was a lot more interesting than the Museum Of The City Of New York that's for sure.

After the exhibit, we took the subway to Queens. When we got off the train, we wanted to fill up our Metrocards, however when Louis tried to fill his up, the vending machine ate his card. We had to wait an hour for someone to come & rescue it.

Once it was rescued we took the bus to Atlas Park Mall to eat at our favorite German food restaurant, Manor Oktoberfest. When we stepped into the place, it was a bit tight but we did fine. The workers came over to us & asked us where we have been so we told them we moved to Denver. They thought we moved to FL. To eat I had the Jaeger schnitzel with noodles & potatoes. Louis had his favorite, Sauerbraten with potatoes & cabbage. It was very good. I got a free dessert for my birthday which I shared with Louis, apple streudel with ice cream.

Stay Tuned: I'm 40!

Back