More Private Cars on Amtrak #6

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
For the third day in a row, Amtrak #6 has private varnish on it. #6(03) is heading to Chicago with two extra cars. First on is Taos, a Santa Fe baggage car. Second is the Pullman Cimarron River from the Frisco Railway.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are cars coming from the AAPRCO convention tomorrow.

Wonder why anyone would have a private baggage car?
Via Facebook, here's an interior shot from the baggage car on the recent "Station to Station" train. I guess even artists have baggage. And they're probably not as good at packing light as we are. :)

994610_661700185912_585235207_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: Gives New meaning to the Saying "Travel Light and Travel Right!" ;) First Private Bag Car I've Seen!

I thought that Amtrak charged More for PVs if they had to be Watered/Iced/Switched or Hooked up to the Transdorm on Superliners so Passengers and Crew could have Access to the Rest of the Train???

:eek: Gives New meaning to the Saying "Travel Light and Travel Right!" ;) First Private Bag Car I've Seen!

I thought that Amtrak charged More for PVs if they had to be Watered/Iced/Switched or Hooked up to the Transdorm on Superliners so Passengers and Crew could have Access to the Rest of the Train???
6. Private cars that are in the consist of a regularly scheduled Amtrak train should be afforded the same
services that are provided to that train consist. This includes: water, wet ice and car wash where applicable
http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/271/180/Private_Car_Tariff.pdf

Haven't seen any distinction as to "type" of PV.

Well, there was another private varnish on Amtrak #6(04) this morning, but it wasn't from the AAPRCO convention. The business car Georgia 300 was traveling with (and this the more notable part for me) one of Amtrak's own business cars Pacific Cape. Anyone know what business these two cars had out west?

In the meantime, I've found out that cars from the private rail car convention are on #6(05) and #6(06). This will mean six days in a row of PVs on the eastbound Zephyr.

As expected there were four private cars on Amtrak #6(05) this morning. Unexpectedly, they were all on the front of the train between the engines and the baggage car. The cars were Hollywood Beach, Wisconsin, The Observatory, and Birch Grove (I couldn't find a site for Wisconsin).

From a friend:

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:21 AM
Subject: Amtrak #6 electric & C&O private car ON TIME

Two goodies on one train. One up near the front and one on the rear. Amtrak electric #605 is behind Genesis #25 and C&O business car Chapel Hill is bringing up the markers.

Back