"Mommy, there's the bank with the Amtrak Logo"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandson is only four but he recognizes the similarity between the Bank of America logo and the Amtrak one and he wonders why the bank uses the Amtrak logo.

An Amtrak nut already with a number of trips under his belt including Crescent, Regionals and Wolverine.

My grandson is only four but he recognizes the similarity between the Bank of America logo and the Amtrak one and he wonders why the bank uses the Amtrak logo.

An Amtrak nut already with a number of trips under his belt including Crescent, Regionals and Wolverine.
That is not really Bank of America. Any semblance to what used to be Bank of America is gone since the "merger" with NationsBank, where they basically moved all the important operations to North Carolina.

Wow. That was over 15 years ago. Time to get over it yet?
They had a once proud history. Essentially another bank took over and just traded on a name with a rich history but no real links to that history.

This was the company that revolutionized the credit card industry, which the spinoff eventually became Visa. They're still trying to use the "BankAmericard" name.

Some similarity.

zvo9r5.jpg

I'm impressed with a 4 year-old who uses the word 'logo' correctly in a sentence!

The North Carolina DOT logo is similar, too. Or is it South Carolina?

There are a lot of similar type of logos out there.
Maybe you are remembering something else. North Carolina's is circular, pretty much a knockoff from the Federal one. South Carolina's is rectangular with SCDOT prominently in a very bold italics font.

Perhaps folks who are colorblind or have other sight issues have more of a problem noticing the differences in the two!??

Someone who is four and notices this and wants to be a Railroader sounds pretty sharp to me! ( disclaimer: we grandfathers tend to give our grandkids lots of extra credit for their ideas!)

I was not talking about him specifically. There are way too many people, full blown adults, who claim that they are similar, and that surprises me.
...Because they are similar. They're both largely composed of clusters of parallel lines running from SW to NE and have a slight arch to them. They're both, basicaly, this: ///

What amazes me is the huge sums adv. companies earn for dreaming up these abstract corporate logo's.....a lot of the expense is research to hopefully avoid using someone else's similar one...... :)

The North Carolina DOT logo is similar, too. Or is it South Carolina?

There are a lot of similar type of logos out there.
Maybe you are remembering something else. North Carolina's is circular, pretty much a knockoff from the Federal one. South Carolina's is rectangular with SCDOT prominently in a very bold italics font.
I dunno what I'm thinking. Maybe the By Train logo which is a sorta swishy train....

...but what do I know? I'm not 4.

Sounds like your investment of time in your grandson is paying dividends, evidenced by his interest in Amtrak.

Flip the logos and they resemble the New England Patriots logo.

Yes, I'll readily admit to demented perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back