MAX green line gets $32 million

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DET63

Conductor
Federal stimulus funding for light-rail transportation project will help TriMet with debt
Federal Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood on Thursday reaffirmed his love affair with metropolitan Portland’s rail system, announcing that $32 million in federal stimulus funds will go to the MAX green line.

The Federal Transit Administration previously agreed to fund $345.4 million of the $575.7 million total project cost for the line. That money was to be paid out annually through 2011.

Thursday’s announcement doesn’t change the amount of federal money the project will receive. It does, however, make some of the money available for the project sooner than it would have been otherwise.

Federal money typically lags behind TriMet construction expenses, said General Manger Fred Hansen. Pushing the $32 million ahead allows TriMet to retire debt earlier than it otherwise would have, saving the agency money.
Link

I just arrived in Portland yesterday. As soon as I get my nerve up, I'm gonna go for my first light rail experience. Trying toget a few tips first.
Use the Google Transit feature of Google Maps to plan out your excursions. You can also read about the system at TriMet's website (pay special attention to their How-To section).

I took it from the airport to my friend's house in Hillsboro and had no problems. It's pretty simple, really! Just grab a ticket at one of the vending machines at the station (unless you're riding wholly within the Fareless Square) and board and ride your heart out! :)

It's pretty simple, really! Just grab a ticket at one of the vending machines at the station (unless you're riding wholly within the Fareless Square) and board and ride your heart out! :)
I gotta try that on my next trip there (in a couple of months)! Think I can add a couple thousand miles to my total? :lol:
I know what the_traveler's life goal is: to be Charlie on the MTA! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back