Maple Leaf lateness

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Train Attendant
Greetings everyone,

I will be embarking on my first trip to Canada on Saturday, from New York City to Canada and back, aboard the Maple Leaf.

I have been checking the train status for the train coming back from Toronto to NYP, and I was rather alarmed to see that in the past two days it was 6 hours 37 minutes late on Monday night, and 5 hours 15 minutes late last night, Tuesday.

Anyone know why it has been running this late this week?

Bill

I don't know why, but I can tell you the delays are entirely in CSX territory (between Niagara Falls NY and Albany NY). We need the exclusive passenger tracks for the NY High Speed Rail project ASAP.

Besides the CSX issues, part of the problem may be delays at the border.
Checking the Amtrak Status Map archives, the major delays for #64 on the 12th and 13th were east of Buffalo. #64 did ok on May 10th arriving NYP 26 minutes late and on May 11 was 37 minutes late at Syracuse but arrived NYP 3 minutes late.

On May 12, #64 departed BUF 44 minutes late, ROC 3:48 late, SYR 4:06 late, UCA 6:03 late, ALB 5:49 late. Delays worthy of the Empire Builder.

On May 13, #64 departed BUF 35 minutes late, ROC 1:44 late, SYR 2:40 late, UCA 3:33 late, ALB 4:52 late.

May 14 was better running a max of 1 hour late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back