Mahalo Adwards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

I am fed up with the other thread bashing a poor Amtrak Employee. Therefore I would like to start a thread to say Thank You (Mahalo in Hawaiian) to the Good Employee's

First My Car Attendent on the California Zepher
25047795-S.jpg

Second the cook on the California Zephyr
25047501-S.jpg

Third Joan on the SouthWest Chief.
9877258-S.jpg

Wish I remember the nameS of the first two, but Mahalo, you made my trips a great expierence.

Eric

jccollins said:
Hm, but none of them have their Amtrak ID/name tags visible... ;)
Aloha

The gentleman in the first picture has his name tag on, I just can't read it. While I was on the train, I was aware of their names, it's now that I can't remember it.

I started this thread because I wanted to hear about the other good crews. I was and am tired of hearing only about the bad ones. I am positive the good ones out number the bad ten to the one.

Mahalo,

Eric

I have interacted with at least 150 Amtrak employees in my 22,000 miles of experience, and of that group I can only think of about 5 who distracted from my good experience, and I won't go so far as to say the service was "bad".

As for the ones that really stand out for good service, I would say thank you to Mr. Thomas and to Tony Westfield, two of Amtrak's finest sleeping car attendants! I would say "thank you" to Michelle, dining car lead service attendant on the City of New Orleans. And let me not forget about Shirley in the Lounge Car on the Sunset Limited.

There are countless others whose names I simply can't remember, but whose faces I would recognize immediately. Plain and simple, they do their jobs well!

PS - BTW, Tony Westfield is a Tennessean!!!

Isn't odd that every single one of them could get written up for being out of uniform? First guy has his tie undone, Joan has her vest unbuttoned, and none of them have a nametag. Kinda funny.

I had to be quick with my previous post regarding the name tags. Commenting further, the only person in proper uniform (minus their chef jacket) is the second cook. This is appropriate for outside the train. She even has her ID badge on though it is tucked down below the apron, but she can't help that. The other lady is simply missing her name badge or it isn't visble. But niether her nor the gentleman have their ID badges on visble or in a necklace style holder.

As for the photos in general, I hope these folks don't mind having their photos posted on a website available to the public. I for one will not offer to pose for photos for anyone, period, for this very reason! Having my picture posted on a web page or placed in public hits a sore spot with me. And I am always in proper uniform! If I ever come across my picture on a web page, I will contact the webmaster/owner, and ask that it be removed. I would do the same if that was asked of me. So with that in mind, should one of these folks see these and wish for them to be removed, upon any kind of contact (even if they post it here on the forum), GG-1 (or admistrator) keep the previous in mind if that ends up as the case in point.

I do wanna commend you GG-1, however, on your intent to show the viewers/readers your point of view regarding your position as "being fed up with the bashing of Amtrak employees! We need positive feedback being there are those few bad apples which spoil the whole basket out here! It only takes one! We LIKE support! Thank you!

It's the same on the flip side. Many employees in the service industry as a whole encounter one or two nasty passengers/customers, and then every stinkin' one of them are jerks. When in fact 98% of the passengers/customers are simply good people! Same concept, one bad apple spoils the whole basket! OBS...

Back