Lincoln - Chicago on the Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt

I went on the Zephry from LNK to CHI on Jan. 14 - 17th.

I was so worried my train would be leaving late on the 14th, but luckily earlier that week they decided to only run the trains from Denver to Chicago. The train left about an hour late. I was very surprised at how roomy the train was. It was very comfortable. I ate lunch in the dining car. The food was very good, a little pricey, but worth it for the experience. The people I was seated with where interesting characters. The train eventually got in Chicago about 30 minutes late if I recall.

I had a little trouble on the 17th because the "Quick Ticket" machine wasn't working. I was kind of late and didn't want to wait in line. Some of the employees seemed to be taking their own sweet time at the ticket counter, but I finally got my ticket and got on the train. Unfortunantly there was no lounge car and the dining car would not be offering dinner. They converted part of it to a lounge though. I was a little disappointed because I was looking forward to getting something to eat, but it was ok. The train arrived on time in LNK.

Overall it was a nice trip. The trains were comfortable...a little dirty, but not too bad. I might consider going again on Amtrak if the price was right and time was not a consideration.

Matt,

I'm glad that overall you had a good trip and thanks for the report. :) We always appreciate hearing from those whom we've given advice to on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back