L&N Railroad

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. I have always loved trains especially passenger trains. Even though I have read a lot about them, at this point, I haven’t even had the opportunity to ride on a train. My primary focus right now is on the old L&N Railroad. I am researching the Lewisburg Line which opened in July 1914 and runs from Brentwood, TN to North Athens, AL. Anyone who has photographs of train depots, trains, RR workers or written material up to April 30, 1971 - please reach out to me. I’m especially interested in photographs of the final Pan-American train that left New Orleans that day. It would have stopped in Athens and Lewisburg for the final time before moving on to Nashville Union Station. Thanks Scotty

My primary focus right now is on the old L&N Railroad. I am researching the Lewisburg Line which opened in July 1914 and runs from Brentwood, TN to North Athens, AL. Anyone who has photographs of train depots, trains, RR workers or written material up to April 30, 1971 - please reach out to me. I’m especially interested in photographs of the final Pan-American train that left New Orleans that day
I suggest you check out the L&N Historical Society. It’s a great organization and their archives are now located in Tennessee Valley RR Museum in Chattanooga. Might be worth a visit if you live in the area.

Interesting the L&N also had a Piedmont train it would seem.

The Piedmont was a Southern train as far as Atlanta, two smaller roads handled it to Montgomery where the L&N ran it to New Orleans (combined with the Pan American in later years).

Back