Hi Amtrak Riders

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm relatively new to Amtrak. Moved to Oregon from SoCal last fall. My good stuff came up on the Coast Starlight. The rest by truck. I've been nutty for trains since I was a kid on the east coast where the Pennsy keystone was etched into my brain. Big black coal burning locos. Then a move to New England where diesels ruled. About the time Amtrak was born I was on my way to SoCal. No trains for too many years. They didn't go where I had to go when I had to go there. From Eugene, Cascades rt to Portland for the cost of dinner and a movie, lasts longer, more satisfying.

AlcoLoco

I'm relatively new to Amtrak. Moved to Oregon from SoCal last fall. My good stuff came up on the Coast Starlight. The rest by truck. I've been nutty for trains since I was a kid on the east coast where the Pennsy keystone was etched into my brain. Big black coal burning locos. Then a move to New England where diesels ruled. About the time Amtrak was born I was on my way to SoCal. No trains for too many years. They didn't go where I had to go when I had to go there. From Eugene, Cascades rt to Portland for the cost of dinner and a movie, lasts longer, more satisfying.
AlcoLoco
Welcome, glad to see you here! Amtrak is a great way to travel, isn't it? I'd like to take the Coast Starlight, perhaps this fall or next spring.

AlcoLoco
Welcom e fellow train fan!One of our pros is currently staying in Portland,goes by the traveler,hes an AGR guru and very few trains he hasnt been on

and loved!Stay tuned and let us know what you need to know about Amtrak and trains,youve come to the right place! :)

When I lived in Portland,I would take a RT from Vancouver to Longview and have dinner at a Mexican restaurant near the station. :D
I think you mean Kelso. Amtrak doesn't go into Longview, though you can see Longview across the Cowlitz River from the Kelso Depot (Kelso-Longview on the Amtrak schedule).

When I lived in Portland,I would take a RT from Vancouver to Longview and have dinner at a Mexican restaurant near the station. :D
I think you mean Kelso. Amtrak doesn't go into Longview, though you can see Longview across the Cowlitz River from the Kelso Depot (Kelso-Longview on the Amtrak schedule).
Well, Amtrak does go to Longview, TX although it would be quite a trip to ride from Vancouver to Longview , TX for some Mexican food.

Well, Amtrak does go to Longview, TX although it would be quite a trip to ride from Vancouver to Longview , TX for some Mexican food.
I'd like to take that trip just for the AGR points! :lol:

I'd like to take that trip just for the AGR points! :lol:
I just may! :p

Back