Greetings from Vancouver WA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thrilled to have found this site. I'm definitely a fan of travel by train. I travel from Vancouver WA to Detroit MI for work two or three times a year. I enjoy three days of me time to knit and listen to audio books. I have very few complaints about traveling by AMTRAK. I do, however, wish the restrooms could be cleaner. By cleaner, I mean that I see grime (and god knows what) in cracks around the commode and in flooring corners and stuff. That's it. And I adapt by using a more extensive cleaning process after using them. No big.

After a few grueling pandemic years, I'm finally traveling to Detroit again this Friday. I have bid for a roomette both ways at the minimum of $220. I haven't heard whether my bids were accepted. Fingers crossed.

I look forward to spending time on this forum and to maybe making a new friend or two.

Be well!
katie

Hi Katie,
Nice to see another northwesterner on the forum!

I travel once every few years on the Empire Builder from Wishram to Boston to see family. I also enjoy the "me time" knitting, reading, and taking photos. I always travel by train in winter when rates are cheaper and I can take time away from my forest and garden work in the mountains of eastern Oregon. Perhaps one of these times we will meet on the rails!

Thrilled to have found this site. I'm definitely a fan of travel by train. I travel from Vancouver WA to Detroit MI for work two or three times a year. I enjoy three days of me time to knit and listen to audio books. I have very few complaints about traveling by AMTRAK. I do, however, wish the restrooms could be cleaner. By cleaner, I mean that I see grime (and god knows what) in cracks around the commode and in flooring corners and stuff. That's it. And I adapt by using a more extensive cleaning process after using them. No big.

After a few grueling pandemic years, I'm finally traveling to Detroit again this Friday. I have bid for a roomette both ways at the minimum of $220. I haven't heard whether my bids were accepted. Fingers crossed.

I look forward to spending time on this forum and to maybe making a new friend or two.

Be well!
katie
Welcome to AU, great to have another Teain Lover here. Looking forward to you sharing your adventures on Amtrak, hope you get your Bids accepted!😊

Be well!
katie
I curious how the bidding works. Is $220 your bottom line or are you allowed to increase your bid as more bids are entered.

Back