GMO 50 on #6(27)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
I received a message that the private car Gulf, Mobile, & Ohio 50 is the California Zephyr that left Emeryville on 12/27. This train is now in Colorado. I plan on seeing #6(27) tomorrow. If I remember right, the car's name is The Patrón Tequila Express.

This Car is a Real Beauty! In August it was on the back of #6 ,and when we reached Grand Junction, Dan Akroyd ( a very nice Guy!)and his Guests allowed us to tour the Car and he posed for pictures and signed autographs for Pax ! Our SCA told us that they allowed the Crew to Eat Lunch and hang out in the Car during the Layover in EMY! (no Drinks from the Well Stocked Bar however! :giggle: ) If I had to pick One PV to ride on, out of all that I have seen, I'd take this Beauty! Hopefully youll get to tour it if it Stops long enough when you see it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This Car is a Real Beauty! In August it was on the back of #6 ,and when we reached Grand Junction, Dan Akroyd ( a very nice Guy!)and his Guests allowed us to tour the Car and he posed for pictures and signed autographs for Pax ! Our SCA told us that they allowed the Crew to Eat Lunch and hang out in the Car during the Layover in EMY! (no Drinks from the Well Stocked Bar however! :giggle: ) If I had to pick One PV to ride on, out of all that I have seen, I'd take this Beauty! Hopefully youll get to tour it if it Stops long enough when you see it! ;)
That sounds great that you got a tour. I didn't see it where it was stopping though.

I used to see GM&O #50 regularly in New Orleans in the early 1970s--still in original colors. Saw it again in the 1990s in Garland, TX while being refurbished for its high profile owners. Last I saw it was in 1996, I believe, coming from Florida on the SUNSET LIMITED. We coupled onto #50 at NOUPT.

Back