Friends of 261 Private Cars on Amtrak #6

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
After having been part of the Station to Station train, two private cars from the Friends of 261 group and Silver Quail from Mid America Railcar were heading home on Amtrak #6(03) today. I caught this California Zephyr in Agency, Iowa this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool: Always enjoy your Videos, Thanks for Posting! And its a Shame to see thatt Beautiful Milwaukee Road Lounge/Observation Car Empty as it Rolled by,most of us would Love to Ride in it! ;)
If you look closely - I used a magnifying glass - there are folks in the Cedar Rapids. The FO261 seem pretty good at keeping their equipment paying its way. I've had the pleasure of riding in the Cedar Rapids and it is sweet. My understanding is that the guy who designed it worked on warplane designs (think B-29s) during WWII - notice the resemblence.

Agent - THANKS for posting this - and your other - video(s)!!! :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool: Always enjoy your Videos, Thanks for Posting! And its a Shame to see thatt Beautiful Milwaukee Road Lounge/Observation Car Empty as it Rolled by,most of us would Love to Ride in it! ;)
If you look closely - I used a magnifying glass - there are folks in the Cedar Rapids. The FO261 seem pretty good at keeping their equipment paying its way. I've had the pleasure of riding in the Cedar Rapids and it is sweet. My understanding is that the guy who designed it worked on warplane designs (think B-29s) during WWII - notice the resemblence.

Agent - THANKS for posting this - and your other - video(s)!!! :hi:
When you're Old as I am a Magnifying Glass doesn't help your Eye Sight!(And my Computer is so Old the Resolution isn't that Clear and Mike Dell made it in his Dorm Room when he was @ UT, it's called a Mike instead of a Dell!) :giggle:

Back