"Express Menu" in Diner?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the City of New Orleans northbound to CHI this morning, they had a different menu than the normal CONO menu. This was called the "express menu", and offered less/different items than the usual menu (i.e. for breakfast they had French toast instead of pancakes, and they had far fewer selections for everything). It had selections for lunch and dinner as well, though during the previous night's dinner we had the standard CONO menu. Has anyone encountered this "express menu", and does anyone know why/when this is used? I'm assuming it has to do with being short on supplies and having to restock somewhere other than the usual point

You are right about an abbreviated breakfast on the SWC, however, I personally have never seen a separate menu for it. They simply use the same menu and tell you what your limited options are.

So, Thully, are you saying it was a whole different paper menu?

I have found when I encounter "Express Service" it is usually the offering of whatever is still available. While several entree selections may still be available, salads are usually gone and dessert is often down to just Ice Cream.

Yes, it was a completely different paper menu that said "express menu" on the front. It had breakfast, lunch, and dinner options on it, though it was only used for breakfast (we had the normal CONO menu for dinner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back