Employment Question...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know most RailRoads (for example Amtrak) conduct drug screening as a condition to employment. my question is, if your taking an anti-depressant /anti-anxiety medication (such as Lexapro www.Lexapro.com ) would that show up on the drug test and would it disqualify you for employment?

or are they only testing for alcohol and illegal drugs?

It's possible it will show up on the drug screening, but if you are taking it by Prescription with a Doctor's blessing it shouldn't be a problem. They might need to give your Physician a call just to verify, but I wouldn't forsee it as being a big deal.

This comment is specifically for those interested in Amtrak employment, as I don't have any personal firsthand experience in the hiring process at other railroads.

If you have any prescription drugs that affect your ability to perform the job description for which you are applying, you cannot be offered the position. You can appeal the descision of the Human Resources Department by applying through the Amtrak Medical Department and have an Amtrak Doctor or Surgeon provide you and the company a professional medical opinion of if taking a specific drug will effect your work performance and safety record on the worksite.

If you are currently an Amtrak employee and your condition changes due to being prescribed a drug that prevents you from performing your duties, you can seek an job assignment change or seek a "non-operations" position in your division that will provide for a safe work environment. These change of status requests are managed and determined by the Amtrak Medical Department and the employee is protected from termination or furlough through the collective bargaining agreement under the Operation Red Block admendments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back