Eagle disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak George

Lead Service Attendant
There was a frieght train wreck north of Little Rock yesterday; a moving train apparently derailed and hit one standing in a siding.

The Eagle currently shows a service disruption in both directions. Anyone know if there is a bustitution, turning equipment, detour, or just what?

That explains why 21 stopped north of Little Rock. However, 22 stopped after Cleburne and never even made it to Fort Worth.

Also, today, 22 left San Antonio over 2 hours late.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to a Post on trainorders (it also has a couple of pics and info on the Derailment of the Freight that was carrying Autoparts from Laredo,Texas ie Mexico) Todays #21 and #22 were Blocked for Ticket Sales between SAS and CHI! Service should be Restored for Mon 3/25 as Tickets can be booked on both Trains!!

I just checked in for 21 to DAL and no one knows anything - ugh.

We're scheduled to leave on time and 22 is coming in at 4:00 instead of 1:52.

Are they just going to throw us on buses in the middle of the night or what?

I just checked in for 21 to DAL and no one knows anything - ugh. We're scheduled to leave on time and 22 is coming in at 4:00 instead of 1:52. Are they just going to throw us on buses in the middle of the night or what?
No info available that I can find Joanie! Suggest you call Amtrak @ 1-800-USA-RAIL and ask for "Agent "when Julie Answers!

Based on the usual Procedures in Texas when Disruptions occur they May?? turn #22 and it will become #21 @ FTW so you may be on a Bustitution for Part of the Trip????? :unsure: :( :angry: (Theyve also turned the Trains in LGV and LRK, but since it's Amtrak who really knows?? Please let us know when you find out! Thanks and Good Luck!!! ;)

Thanks George! We left at around 2:00 and everything looks good.... so far. I'll report back if we take a detour - if I'm awake :)
:hi: Glad you made it Aboard Joanie! Hope the Trip goes Smooth and you Wake Up in Texas! ^_^

#22/#422 Left SAS over 2 Hours Late today due to #2 from LAX-NOL Rinning Late into SAS and the #422 Sleeper and Coach had to be Switched to #22 in the SAS Station! Looks like everything is back to Normal, Fingers Crossed! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back