DLD to BAL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanno

OBS Chief
On our trip from DLD to BAL last week on the Silver Meteror my wife and I had the priviledge of having breakfast with a gentleman named Steven Haerter who is the Manager of Engineering Services for the Southern Division for Amtrak. Not only did we have a good breakfast but we also got the "low down" on what is happening with various projects, including the new Auto Train Staion in Sanford. It was nice to have a discussion with someone who had the inside perspective.

Another positive thing about the trip was the food. Better than I had anticipated except for the plastic plates and cups. We had a great service from both our sleeping car attendant, Rodney and the dining car crew! The train was on time from beginning of our trip to our destination. The only negative was that the lounge and dining car were not as clean as I would expect. But Rodney told us that the week before they were booked to capacity so maybe they didn't have an opportunity to clean as good as normal!

BTW the idea that we take duct tape along was excellent. It came in handy keeping things quite!

On our trip from DLD to BAL last week on the Silver Meteror my wife and I had the priviledge of having breakfast with a gentleman named Steven Haerter who is the Manager of Engineering Services for the Southern Division for Amtrak.
Were you able to tell him about the AU forum and what we do to support Amtrak?

On our trip from DLD to BAL last week on the Silver Meteror my wife and I had the priviledge of having breakfast with a gentleman named Steven Haerter who is the Manager of Engineering Services for the Southern Division for Amtrak.
Were you able to tell him about the AU forum and what we do to support Amtrak?
He had heard of the AU forum but we did not discuss it at length. I was more into listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back