Delays on LSL 48

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KwikEddie

The Lake Shore Limited has been about 6 hours late departing CUS the last few days. Does anyone know what the problem has been outside of the late arrival of the east bound consist. I'm booked on the Maple Leaf at Depew on Tuesday and there is a 6 hour window which is making the connection seem a little tight. I really need to be into Toronto for Tuesday night and would be better to go via Detroit and then bus to Toronto the next morning or fly out of Chicago to Toronto the next morning. If these delays are weather related, is there a reasonable expectation that the LSL might return to its regular departure and lose time its old fashion way with freight congestion?

6 hours late leaving? :help: Do they let the pax on board to at least get some sleep? Yikes. That late departure is bad enough from CUS as it is....

The Lake Shore Limited has been about 6 hours late departing CUS the last few days. Does anyone know what the problem has been outside of the late arrival of the east bound consist. I'm booked on the Maple Leaf at Depew on Tuesday and there is a 6 hour window which is making the connection seem a little tight. I really need to be into Toronto for Tuesday night and would be better to go via Detroit and then bus to Toronto the next morning or fly out of Chicago to Toronto the next morning. If these delays are weather related, is there a reasonable expectation that the LSL might return to its regular departure and lose time its old fashion way with freight congestion?
You're right, the Lake Shore has been having a tough time recently. The "good" thing is that #63 has been late leaving BUF, too. In fact, #63 has been averaging 2 hours late at BUF for the past month.

Here's a link showing #48 connecting to #63 at Buffalo for the same time period. No missed connections yet. I'm not sure about the bus from Chicago to Toronto, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back