consist sequence

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twa904

How is the sequence of the coaches determined on each train?

From experience, the coach on the end is usually for those going the furthest on the line. Many of the LD are longer than some platforms along their route, having the last car for riders not needing to get off at smaller stations, it usually is filled at the beginning of the train with those going the full or to stations with longer platforms.

I hope I explained that OK. Not a good brain day.

If you're referring to how they're loaded, it varies from train to train, crew to crew, day to day. There are some patterns that occur on a daily basis for some trains, but sometimes it just depends on what's getting on and off that day, and how they choose to load the train.

From experience, the coach on the end is usually for those going the furthest on the line. Many of the LD are longer than some platforms along their route, having the last car for riders not needing to get off at smaller stations, it usually is filled at the beginning of the train with those going the full or to stations with longer platforms.

I hope I explained that OK. Not a good brain day.
And my one experience, I, going the distance, was put in the 1st coach. I got on at an early stop (3rd or 4th). This made sense to me, not that I thought it was standard procedure, since those of us going the distance would probably make more use of the cafe/diner than the one's going short distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back