Code For Travel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

trailblazerfan61

Hello I am new to this.I am looking for the best code are price from Portland Oregon to Long Beach CA. Need to go on July 10th and go home on July 19th.This is for a family of four,and all adults. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Rick G.

Last edited:
Your best source for Amtrak discount information is this topic at Flyer Talk:

Amtrak Discounts

The Moderator there keeps the original post up to date with the latest general discounts and targeted codes.

Other than the regular 10% AAA discount (rail fare only, not sleeper charges), I would not be too optimisitc about getting a special discount for July. That is peak travel season. However, with ridership down, it is possible.

Also, if you don't mind parking some funds for a while, you might consider making a placeholder reservation now. As long as you do not have your ticket printed or mailed, you can get a 100% refund if you cancel. Amtrak uses yield management fare buckets, so as the train sells, the price goes up. Booking now will lock-in today's fare. If a discount becomes available later, you can cancel and rebook. If not, then you at least got the best fare.

The best code that I found is the 15% off rail fare for Seniors - age 62+. If I couldn't use that I would look into either AAA (mentioned above) or NARP, both 10%

IMHO the best advice is Book Early - before the fares start climbing. PRR60 said that and he is so very right.

You might also want to look into getting an AGR Mastercard - I'd be glad to recommend you, ;)

Back