Cleveland Boston

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKA

OBS Chief
O K guys. heres another one to ponder. My wife and I want to do a CLE ,BOS, WAS, CLE ronnd trip. We went through the Boston long night thing last week , on this site. Do you think the otp of the LSL is good enought to make the connection in Boston? My wife says lets just do it and what happens , happens. However if we are very late in to ALB and go to NYP, we still dont make the right connections to go on to WAS to be able to come back to CLE on the same day. This would be a weekend no over night round trip. If everything is near on time it works. Apox. 3.5 layover in BOS. plenty of time to get BOS- WAS train. In WAS at apox. 7:00 am. Whole day in WAS before leaving for CLE. Any help will be very welcome. Big thing here is any over night is on my dime. I understand the discussion from last week. Thats what makes this such an adventure. Good thing I have a wife that likes to ride trains. :D

Why wouldn't it work should you have to divert to NYP? Train #67 that you would have caught in Boston still stops in NYP. Yes, you won't get as much sleep, but you'd still end up in DC at 7:00 AM.

My apologies to all. Thanks ALAN. I guess I need to go back to timetable school! I missed a day some where. Kept thinking about overnight in BOS> Its all the same day. So its a little time in NEW YORK, if things go very late. Time in NEW YORK could be OK. Well thats it ,we go. What happens , happens. Will be going some time in late August or Sept. I will try to let you all know what happened. Thanks for setting me straight. Thats why I love this site. Someone can always tell me where to go. Thats a joke!! :p :p :p

AKA, even if you were to miss 67 at Boston, you can probably get them to reaccomodate you on the 5:15 Acela which gets you to Washington at 12:09. Only a little time in Washington, but you'd get to take the Acela, which is always nice. :D Or Regional 95 gets to Washington at 1:58. Go for that Acela though. B)

Back