Cellphones on Amtrak Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Fan_Trains

I will be riding Amtrak this summer, and I have a cellphone. its prepaid and I was wondering can you use a cellphone while traveling on the Train?

I travelled just yesterday from Jacksonville to Winter Park and back, and the prepaid cell phone worked marvelously.....

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53

Same holds true anywhere. If you're in a modest to large sized city you'll be able to get something. Try to make those important calls at station stops if you want a guaranteed good connection.

Dont use it in the designated quiet cars if you are traveling on amtrak. Cell phones are taboo in them.

Aloha

I have used my cell on trips alot, some places seeming out in noware had great reception, sometimes in stations no signal.

But I was always able to get the important stuff through.

I always try to go somewhere else if I talk on the phone on the train, so I don't bother anyone. Or I talk really quiet. I hate it when I'm trying to sleep, and people are yapping away loudly on their phone.

I have used my cell on trips alot, some places seeming out in noware had great reception, sometimes in stations no signal.
Hey - I thought you weren't suppose to work on the train so you could really enjoy the ride!! :lol:

MrFSS said:
Hey - I thought you weren't suppose to work on the train so you could really enjoy the ride!! :lol:
True but when a Huricane is canceling my destination, I gota work at least 10 minutes. Isn't 23:50 for me :10 for them fair? B) :)

Aloha

Back