Cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
I say this jokingly..(kinda)... so you have your much loved cafe car... and you have yur standard coach (as if LOL.. thought riding in coach is better than not riding at all, well most of the time, haha).. then you have yur (coach) QC.. and yur BC.. but where's the BCQC. i have to chose between business class (ok granted its not like the family with 5 kids would be in BC anyway) but i have to chose between BC, with missy and her team getting ready for the big proposal OR.. quiet (tho lesser accomodations? i love the more leg room.. worth the price of admission alone..)

There is no BCQC on Regionals. (AE does have a BCQC, but BC is the lowest class on AE.)

Personally, I would take coach and the QC over BC for 2 reasons:

1. Once I was on an AGR sleeper award, so I got BC from WAS to KIN. Before the train even started moving, I think 3 or 4 people started using their cell phones after boarding - talking. BTW: The train began it's run in WAS!
    ohmy.gif
  2. This week, I was on #177 and #190 - both late night runs. I was in the QC - right behind the BC car. The lights in the QC were dimmed, they were not dimmed in the BC car at all!
    ohmy.gif

There is no BCQC on Regionals. (AE does have a BCQC, but BC is the lowest class on AE.)

Personally, I would take coach and the QC over BC for 2 reasons:

1. Once I was on an AGR sleeper award, so I got BC from WAS to KIN. Before the train even started moving, I think 3 or 4 people started using their cell phones after boarding - talking. BTW: The train began it's run in WAS!
    ohmy.gif
  2. This week, I was on #177 and #190 - both late night runs. I was in the QC - right behind the BC car. The lights in the QC were dimmed, they were not dimmed in the BC car at all!
    ohmy.gif
Ah and i do like dimmed lights.. (seriously).. nice evening effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back