Bus Bridge Pricing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
The forum has had a lot of discussion recently about the CS situation and its bus bridge. Also, with the flooding in the Midwest and the busing that that has/is causing.

When Amtrak knows that buses will be used for an extended period of time as opposed to a spur of the moment situation, how does the bucket pricing system work? That is, if I bought a last minute ticket on a train in the Midwest that has been busing for a week or so and will be busing when I want to travel, does everyone pay the same price to ride the bus? Would I get the lowest coach price? Do they have an entirely different set of prices for busing?

What about someone who bought their coach ticket 8 months ago compared to a person who bought their coach ticket 2 days before the bus bridge started and paid a much higher bucket fare than the person who purchased 8 months ago? Do they get a refund of some sorts just as sleeper car folks would because they paid a higher coach fare?

I wonder if all those folks on the bus even discuss this amongst themselves and realize what is going on? I've been on airplanes where some discussions got started within a group of passengers as to who paid what for the same flight. It gets interesting.

That is a good question. I could see the regular buckets being used if you buy a ticket from say CHI-DAL, where there is a bus bridge between say STL and LRK. What would they use, and could you even buy a today or next day ticket, just from STL to LRK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back