BART Extension To San Jose

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does UP actually use those tracks?

Maybe a couple of trains come through at Julian in San Jose. They've practically abandoned the Milpitas Sub already (I think VTA owns it, anyhow), and the Milpitas Yard isn't much more than storage.

Cool. I recall riding BART under the bay way back in 1974. I think it was fairly new then. I lived in San Mateo and at that time there was no BART service there. I don't know if that ever changed. I see this is on the east side of the bay.
BART goes only upto Millbrae along the Peninsula.

Cool. I recall riding BART under the bay way back in 1974. I think it was fairly new then. I lived in San Mateo and at that time there was no BART service there. I don't know if that ever changed. I see this is on the east side of the bay.
Given Caltrain, and the current plans to electrify same, it would be redundant for BART to go further down the Peninsula.

Given Caltrain, and the current plans to electrify same, it would be redundant for BART to go further down the Peninsula.
The extension to Downtown San Jose is actually an extension from Fremont in the East Bay and would not extend further down the peninsula.

The extension to Downtown San Jose is actually an extension from Fremont in the East Bay and would not extend further down the peninsula.
Knew that. My reference was toward extending BART south from Milbrae, which so far I know is not being planned and would be most unlikely to happen.

Back