Another Metropolitan Lounge Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midland Valley

Lead Service Attendant
If you come in to Chicago with a first class ticket and change trains to coach, how long will they let you stay in the lounge? The web page says that a same day first class ticket gets you entry and that all it says.

Well you should be able to use the Metropolitan Lounge until shortly before your next train departs. You will need to return to the general waiting room on your own for regular coach boarding before the train departs and it will be your responsibility to do so. You can cut it as close as you want, but if you missed the train it would be your fault since the lounge staff wouldn't really be responsible for getting you on the train.

Actually JC, when I was in Chicago they asked which Hiawatha I was leaving on so they could make sure I got out. They realize a number of people come in on Long Distance sleepers and leave out on Midwest Services. Just check with the staff and ask if they will announce the depature of your train.

battalion51 said:
Actually JC, when I was in Chicago they asked which Hiawatha I was leaving on so they could make sure I got out. They realize a number of people come in on Long Distance sleepers and leave out on Midwest Services. Just check with the staff and ask if they will announce the depature of your train.
Agreed, I've heard them announce many a train for connecting pax, who aren't leaving in sleepers.

Back