Another crash; different news

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

Yerry

Sunday night I was returning from an errand when the news reported an Amtrak CHI-MKE had hit several pedestrians.

Surprisingly, the sound bites called the peds "trespassers", that the train couldn't have possibly stopped in time, and even mentioned the engineer's distress at having to be an unwilling witness to a tragedy.

While I feel sorry about the tragedy, it's about time the news got it right.

Yerry said:
Sunday night I was returning from an errand when the news reported an Amtrak CHI-MKE had hit several pedestrians.
Surprisingly, the sound bites called the peds "trespassers", that the train couldn't have possibly stopped in time, and even mentioned the engineer's distress at having to be an unwilling witness to a tragedy.

While I feel sorry about the tragedy, it's about time the news got it right.
Well given the situation where the accident occured there's no doubt they were trespassing. There were underpasses below the tracks, and the girls had no business being where they were. The Engineer did everything he was supposed to by making a brake application and sounding the horn.

Back