And the hits keep coming - this time in the Northeast

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the News media:

Amtrak reports, at about 4:43 p.m. their Hartford Line Train 475 was traveling south from Springfield, MA to Hartford when it “came into contact with an individual on the tracks south of Hartford.”

Hartford Police say the incident occurred near Hamilton at Francis Avenue.

If the train was traveling from Springfield to Hartford, then how could it hit someone south of Hartford? The train was obviously traveling from Springfield to New Haven. Also, there are no tracks at Hamilton St. and Francis Ave. The tracks are a block over where the Hartford Line crosses Hamilton St. (Francis Av. parallels the tracks a block away. This is all from Google Maps. I have never actually been in Hartford, except riding through on the train or driving through on I-84.)

I guess it's not the worst inaccuracy I've seen in News reports. And it seems like this one was a "trespasser strike," which must be even harder on the train driver than hitting a vehicle, as you actually see the person the train hits. Again, train tracks are not safe places unless you're riding the train!

Last edited:
Back