Amtrak trains to get 180 day notices after July 1s

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmtrakLoverAndHater said:
I just read this comment here posted well after July 3... clearly there is no issue of an NDA here as a PM was sent with the details... I cannot for the life of me understand why someone publicly announce that they have information unfit for public consumption... especially in the context of this thread. 

BNSF_1088, why do you keep revisiting this thread and completely ignore the 9 previous pages of hoo-ha over the rumor? Explain yourself. It's obvious a fair amount of folks feel that its way past due.
Obviously you may not understand the big picture!!!! Do you even have a clue what the old saying "There is a time and place for everything" means?

When I (from my side of the fence) am able to provide you details "worthy" of public consumption, I will be more than happy to provide those very details! The same goes for BNSF_1088, though I am sure he will be more careful about the timing of some of his info.

For what it's worth, the details you looking for are in front of your face right here on the forums! You will just have to spend a lot of time looking for them in various threads dated back at least two years (if you can see the big picture that is.... if not you won't be able to understand)! Go back and read them, go visit the links, search the government databases for bills, other legislation, etc! I spend a lot of time doing that, and I still say "things appear to be in line!" But remember "BE HERE NOW!" Don't get too caught up in the past or future. I know how Amtrak works! I work it, and all the while I quietly observe while I am there.

And farthermore, since it seems to be your business, I PMed Sam Damon a little bit of info regarding the link to the material he wanted to know if I had read! I had some other info I wanted to provide him (hoping by use of the experience he has in his field), to see if he might be able to offer me a real concise conclusion to some of my questions!!!

And BTW I am done with this topic! I will no longer post here unless I get anything factual pertaining to it. That's all. OBS...

PS ......... Anthony, you might as well lock this one anyway. It is getting way too long, and it is just as easy for someone to "make" a new topic when it is time. Just a thought!

Anthony said:
Actually, it's true. PRR, it wasn't rumor mongering. Amtrak's Security Information Center did indeed release an internal notice to employees regarding confidentiality of information on June 26th (okay, not the 28th, but perhaps it was a typo) -- notice #06-04.
The notice said that "discipline, or in certain cases, dismissal" is warranted for "unauthorized dissemination of confidential information."
I find it humerous that someone "disseminated" the info about this internal memo.

It's obvious that BNSF_1088 posted those rumors to stir us up and write letters to Congress to support Amtrak. The cause was there, but how he did it wasn't. BNSF, please apologize.

I agree that it is time to lock this thing up. It seems to be reduced to some people trying to get a rise out of BNSF 1088 that seem otherwise uninterested in what led him to say what he said. Everything said had strong credibility with those that have experience of how big organizations and government agencies operate. I could copy over several internal emails on this job that in essence say, keep your mouth shut if you like keeping your job. But, since I do want to keep working for a few more years I won't. If it involves actions both illegal and dangerous, I might try to get the word out, otherwise, forget it. Whistleblowers usually find themselves unemployable.

I do not see that he owes anybody an apology, and certainly not those that are throwing mud at him. Instead, they owe him one. He is trying to do something constructive. What about you?: Fault-finding I do not count as a constructive activity.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back