Amtrak to Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKA

OBS Chief
Some time ago I asked for ideas on an Amtrak to Amtrak round trip with short lay overs. You all gave me many good ideas. In the mean time I got hold of a bogo coupon for the western trains. Well we are going to do a Chi- sea round trip. Lay over time in SEA is just right even if trains are late. Now two questions. Can we up grade to a sleeper on board? ( coupons good for coach only ) How can I find out about the number of rooms left on the train on the date we will be onboard? This will give me a better idea of our chances to up grade. I think we will be O K in coach on the way out, but it would be nice to be in roomette on the way back. Trip would be in the first part of June, About 4 or 5 June start date in CHI. Let me be clear about the term lay over. I mean the connection time between trains. Thanks in advance. :D P S just got back from C Z trip. More on that later.

It's hard to get an available sleeper during the heavy demand season. Best way to find out to see if there's available by checking on Amtrak reservation system about one or two days before departure. Put 8 passengers and click for fare price. Click on sleeper and check if there's available. If so, board on train and ask for conductor for upgrade, regardless if you have discounted fare.

Back