Amtrak Moment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

Many of us here have experienced a "Senior Moment". I would like to hear what you would call a "Senior Moment" with Amtrak. Please lets have fun with this, and nicely forget how to be nasty.

Aloha
Many of us here have experienced a "Senior Moment". I would like to hear what you would call a "Senior Moment" with Amtrak. Please lets have fun with this, and nicely forget how to be nasty.
Well my most memorable "Senior Moment" with Amtrak came in CHI when I checked out of my hotel after breakfast, rushed to CUS, went to the Metro Lounge to check in,told the lady @ the desk I was riding the Texas Eagle, she then told me that my train was that evening,the LSL to NYP, not the Eagle to Texas! Of course I was able to hang out in the lounge/go to eat/go the Sears Tower etc. as planned but had lost track of where I was going/what day it was! Sorta embarassing for sure! :blink: :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to hear what you would call a "Senior Moment" with Amtrak.
Returning to your roomette, getting all comfy, and silently wondering why some stranger is sitting asleep in the other seat, only to realize that you are in the right roomette, wrong car.

Gazing out your window after leaving a station, you are amazed that with all the times you've ridden this route, you never noticed that lake before. Only to realize that the station you just left, was your stop.

Being an Amtrak fanatic, you are talking with the conductor on the platform, when all of a sudden he yells "all aboard", and you automatically jump back onto the train. As it leaves the station, you realize you were at your stop.

I don't have "senior moments". (I don't think so, but I may have forgotten them :p ) But I've had a few "infant moments"! :D

Being an Amtrak fanatic, you are talking with the conductor on the platform, when all of a sudden he yells "all aboard", and you automatically jump back onto the train. As it leaves the station, you realize you were at your stop.
If that happens to me, I just ride until that train gets back to that station! So what if it may be a few days! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back