Amtrak lounge 3100

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jason

I am intrested in any information about an Amtrak lounge car. The numbers that it carried was first 3406 and later 3100.

Hmm those are odd numbers, Id have to say that this lounge was most likely an heritage fleet car.

Jason, I am curious....how much do you presently know about this lounge car? What prompts your question? When or how did you encounter this car?.That might help us help you figure it out.

This car is now located at the Railroad Musuem of Oklahoma In Enid Oklahoma. This car was built by the St. Louis Car Company in 1954 as a US Army hospital car number 89256. Amtrak bought it in the early seventies and changed it into a "le pub" lounge car for use on the Montrealer numbered 3406. During it service on the Monrealer it included a dance floor and bar. Sometime in the eighties the car was rebuilt and transfered to the Capital Limited. The 3100 was on that train until the new superliners in 1997 replaced the the older cars on the Capital. The car was bought by the Arkansas and Missouri Railroad for use on a proposed dinner train. A new management team including a new president did not like the idea and ordered the car sold quickly. In 2002 the 3100 found in a good home at the RRMO. Recently a second coat of blue paint and white decals really made the old girl look great. She aquired the name Wanda Lee.

I am working on a article on the history of this car and looking for the exact year the car was transfered from the Montrealer to the Capital Limited.

Back