Amtrak fall 2011 winter 2012 Timetables

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fan_Trains

Since we are setting clocks Back, I was wondering when will amtrak publish Fall 2011 and winter 2012 Timetables?

DIdn't see it on the Amtrak website...only the Spring-Summer 2011 national timetable & the various (and current) individual route/train timetables

They're available now. At least on their website.
The route timetables are available with an effective November 7 date. The PDF copy of the system timetable will likely be posted on the website in a day or two.
I already downloaded the new PDFs for the CL & CZ last weekk as those are the two I'll be on in a couple of weeks.

How could they possibly list the engine number?
huh.gif
What if it's bad ordered, either in the yard or enroute?
huh.gif
And do they list (say) #4(3) as one #, #3(3) as another #, #4(3) as another number and #3(4) as another #, etc..., etc...?
huh.gif

How could they possibly list the engine number?
huh.gif
What if it's bad ordered, either in the yard or enroute?
huh.gif
And do they list (say) #4(3) as one #, #3(3) as another #, #4(3) as another number and #3(4) as another #, etc..., etc...?
huh.gif

I looked for the new national timetable yesterday at both NYP and WAS and didn't see it out yet, so I don't know for sure, but I think oldtimer means they have not 'photoshopped' the engine number out of the photo on the new timetable's cover.

The only change I found was the one that was posted earlier on this thread: operating the Sunday Pennsylvanian at the same time as the other days of the week.

Apparently the book with all the timetables is not available online yet, but some of the individual trains have the new timetables available.

Timetables

Printable timetables for each route are available in Adobe® PDF format. Timetables are only as current as the date of the last printing. Download the free Adobe® Reader® plug-in.

tableHead_route.gif
tableHead_majorCities.gif
tableHead_region.gif
Acela Express - see Northeast Corridor timetables.Boston - New York - Philadelphia - Washington, DCNortheast

Adirondack

Montreal - Albany - New YorkNortheast

Amtrak Cascades

Vancouver, BC - Seattle - Tacoma - Portland - Salem - EugeneNorthwest

Auto Train

Lorton, VA (Washington, DC) - Sanford, FL (Orlando)South

Northeast

California Zephyr

Chicago - Denver - Salt Lake City - Emeryville / San FranciscoWest

Midwest

California

Capitol Corridor

San Francisco - San Jose / Oakland - Sacramento / Auburn / RenoCalifornia

Capitol Limited

Chicago - Pittsburgh - Cleveland - WashingtonMidwest

Northeast

Cardinal & Hoosier State

Chicago - Indianapolis - New YorkMidwest

Northeast

Carolinian/Piedmont

New York - Raleigh - CharlotteSouth

Northeast

City of New Orleans

Chicago - Memphis - Jackson - New OrleansMidwest

South

Coast Starlight

Seattle - Portland - Los AngelesWest

Northwest

California

Crescent

New York - Washington - Atlanta - New OrleansSouth

Northeast

Downeaster

Portland - BostonNortheast

Empire Builder

Chicago - St. Paul / Minneapolis - Portland / SeattleWest

Midwest

Northwest

Empire Service

New York - Albany - Buffalo - TorontoNortheast

Ethan Allen Express

Rutland - Albany - New YorkNortheast

Heartland Flyer

Oklahoma City - Fort WorthWest

Hiawatha

Milwaukee - ChicagoMidwest

Illinois / Missouri Services

Chicago - Quincy / Omaha, Carbondale, St. Louis / Kansas CityMidwest

Keystone Service

Harrisburg - Philadelphia - New YorkNortheast

Lake Shore Limited

Chicago - Cleveland - Buffalo - Boston / New YorkMidwest

Northeast

Maple Leaf

New York - Buffalo - TorontoNortheast

Michigan Services

Chicago - Detroit - Pontiac / Chicago - Grand RapidsMidwest

Northeast Corridor 1

New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore - WashingtonNortheast

South

Northeast Corridor 2

Boston / Springfield - New Haven - New York - Philadelphia - WashingtonNortheast

South

Northeast Corridor 3

Boston - New York - Washington, DC - Charlottesville - Lynchburg - Richmond - Newport News - Virginia BeachNortheast

South

Northeast Regional - see Northeast Corridor timetables. Boston - Springfield / Providence - New York - Washington, DC - Newport News - LynchburgSouth

Northeast

Pacific Surfliner

San Luis Obispo - Santa Barbara - Los Angeles - San DiegoCalifornia

Pennsylvanian

New York - Philadelphia - PittsburghNortheast

San Joaquin

San Francisco - San Joaquin Valley - Fresno - BakersfieldCalifornia

Silver Service / Palmetto

New York - Washington, DC - Charleston - Savannah - Jacksonville - Orlando - Tampa / MiamiSouth

Northeast

Southwest Chief

Chicago - Kansas City - Albuquerque - Los AngelesWest

Midwest

California

Sunset Limited

New Orleans - San Antonio - Los AngelesWest

South

California

Texas Eagle

Chicago - Dallas - San Antonio - El Paso - Tucson - Los AngelesWest

Midwest

South

California

Vermonter

St. Albans - Springfield - New York - Washington

Hey everyone!

Just a quick thanks for those of you contributed to this thread -- you helped me out big time!

When I read on here that the timetables had changed, I decided to go look at my Dec. 29 trip on Acela from Washington to Boston -- train #2160, leaving at 10 a.m. (I had my tickets on "hold" until Nov. 11 because I am using vouchers to pay for them and I just didn't make it over to the train station this weekend to do it.)

Well, when I went to look at the timetable last night, I noticed that the #2160 didn't exist anymore on Dec. 29, so I called Amtrak and yes, it was one of the trains not running, according to the new timetable. When I asked when Amtrak would let me know, the agent said she wasn't sure, but that someone should have called me, but since the trip was so far out, I was probably on a list somewhere...Hmmmm. (I wondered if it was because I hadn't actually *bought* the ticket yet, but rather had it on hold.)

Anyway, it is a happy ending. I am taking an earlier train that day and the same price.

But I just wanted to say a public thanks for posting this because it made a big difference in my trip! :)

Amtrak has posted the PDF copy of the Fall 2011 / Winter 2012 System Timetable on the Timetables page. The special Thanksgiving schedules are on there as well.

Besides the change for the Sunday Pennsylvanian, has anyone noticed any other significant changes in the schedules?

Hey everyone!

Just a quick thanks for those of you contributed to this thread -- you helped me out big time!

When I read on here that the timetables had changed, I decided to go look at my Dec. 29 trip on Acela from Washington to Boston -- train #2160, leaving at 10 a.m. (I had my tickets on "hold" until Nov. 11 because I am using vouchers to pay for them and I just didn't make it over to the train station this weekend to do it.)

Well, when I went to look at the timetable last night, I noticed that the #2160 didn't exist anymore on Dec. 29, so I called Amtrak and yes, it was one of the trains not running, according to the new timetable. When I asked when Amtrak would let me know, the agent said she wasn't sure, but that someone should have called me, but since the trip was so far out, I was probably on a list somewhere...Hmmmm. (I wondered if it was because I hadn't actually *bought* the ticket yet, but rather had it on hold.)

Anyway, it is a happy ending. I am taking an earlier train that day and the same price.

But I just wanted to say a public thanks for posting this because it made a big difference in my trip! :)
Acela 2160 is usually running, but not during the week between Christmas and New Years. Roughly speaking, about 1/3 of the normal Acela weekday trips are cancelled that week due to the drop off in demand.

Yes, two "Toasters" (AEM7), with #919 in the lead.
Until others get hold of their copies and/or it shows up on the website, can someone who already has their winter timetable in hand show us the cover photo? Ok, there may be copyright issues, so can someone atleast describe what the cover photo is? Yes yes, I am that impatient
tongue.gif

Until others get hold of their copies and/or it shows up on the website, can someone who already has their winter timetable in hand show us the cover photo? Ok, there may be copyright issues, so can someone atleast describe what the cover photo is? Yes yes, I am that impatient
tongue.gif
It shows a Silver Train leaving 30th Street Station @ Twilight pulling out from the Platforms with Snow on the ground and the High Rises in the Background lighted! Nice pic, guess NY City wanted too much for the rights! :lol: :lol: :lol: We got our new schedules here in Austin last week, usually were one of the last ones to get new stuff!

tongue.gif
Just go here and click on the link for the Amtrak system timetable near the top of the page:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer/Page/1237405732505/1237405732505

Does anybody know if cover of the Amtrak Timetable from about a year ago showing a train leaving Philadelphia in the winter evening with snow is available anywhere on line? I would like to get an electronic version of that photo. Thanks. --Ken MacHarg kdmacharg at gmail dot com

That photo was taken by local Philadelphia area photographer, Mitch Goldman. It was originally posted at Trainorders.com, and later was selected by Amtrak for the timetable cover.

If you are a Trainorders member (paid subscription), you can download a copy for your personal, non-commercial use. If you are not a TO member, or want the photo for some commercial purpose, you will have to contact Mitch directly at MG2AM at AOL dot com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back