Amtrak Exhibit Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got to see this a few years ago in FTW, when we had a Texas mini-gathering. Worth your time to go see.

Looks like it will be in LVW, my birth mother is there, might go see it again out there. Go to Catfish Village and/or Pizza King and/or Gonzalo's while there.

We got to see this a few years ago in FTW, when we had a Texas mini-gathering. Worth your time to go see.

Looks like it will be in LVW, my birth mother is there, might go see it again out there. Go to Catfish Village and/or Pizza King and/or Gonzalo's while there.
And Bodacious. And Butcher Shop. I'm originally from Longview and will be out there at the end of July for The Great Texas Balloon Race. Too bad the stop doesn't coincide with that event. Looks like the closest for me will be Memphis.

This is actually visiting a whole lot of places which aren't served by Amtrak.

I wonder if it's being used as a publicity tool to attempt to create awareness of Amtrak's existence, so as to get these communities to consider advocating for their own state-funded Amtrak services? That would be nice.

More likely a bunch of railroad museums just asked for it to visit and Amtrak said "OK".

I saw the Amtrak Exhibit Train last year at the Fullerton Railroad Days. It's a pretty cool collection of Amtrak's stuff. The best exhibit is the prototype Viewliner II roomette. Since it will still be a few more years until they are in revenue service it's kinda cool to see one up close right now. Also the gift shop was awesome (it sold the kind of gifts Amtrak should sell in the lounge cars.)

Lots of fun things for the kids too especially an exhibit that lets kids hear what Amtrak's different horns sounded like through the years. Although in this respect BNSF's exhibit was cooler... they had a brand new GE Evolution series locomotive on display and they let the kids (young and old!) sit in the engineers seat and ring the bell.

The best exhibit is the prototype Viewliner II roomette. Since it will still be a few more years until they are in revenue service
It's supposed to be 2015. I hope it isn't "a few more years"! :-( I've been itching to see the new Viewliners come online...

Also no love for Michigan Services.
Or anywhere near us. Memphis and Kansas City are the closest, and those are a 9.5-hour drive from me. I could take the train, but then we're getting into extra travel days.

And Bodacious. And Butcher Shop. I'm originally from Longview and will be out there at the end of July for The Great Texas Balloon Race. Too bad the stop doesn't coincide with that event. Looks like the closest for me will be Memphis.
LVW is a nice town for grub. we've gotten breakfast at Butcher Shop before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back